It’s finally spiralizing weather! Earlier this week, I dug my spiralizer out of the depths of the cabinet in preparation for it getting lots of use this summer. I was flying solo for dinner tonight, so I resorted to an old favorite that is a total cinch to throw together.
SPIRALIZED SUMMER SALAD
Servings: 1 Serving Size: 2 cups Nutritional Info: 240 calories, 1 g fat, 46 g carbohydrates, 11 g of fiber, 12 g of protein
– 1 medium cucumber
– 2 large cherry tomatoes
– 1/4 diced red onion
– 1/3 cup canned chickpeas, drained and rinsed
– 1/4 sliced bell pepper
– 1 tsp fresh squeezed lemon juice
1. Use whatever tool you have to spiralize the cucumber. I have a Paderno Spiralizer and really love it!
2. Slice and dice assorted veggies. If you don’t have some of the ingredients, use whatever you have on hand.
3. Combine all ingredients into a bowl, squeeze 1/4 lemon on top and enjoy!